Beaches of Port Stephens
Pristine beaches, without the crowds.
As with many coastal communities in Australia, beaches are a main feature of Port Stephens. The beaches of Port Stephens have panoramic views and powerful surf much like most beaches in Australia, but without the crowds. Even in the height of summer, there is no struggling to find a prime place to lay in the sun.
Please check all surf conditions of the beaches of Port Stephens before entering the water.
Best Kids and Swimming Beaches
- One Mile Beach, patrolled, refreshment kiosk.(3 minute drive from Resort)
- Boat Harbour, great for the little kids.
- Birubi Beach (Stockton Beach) stretches for 32km, lots of space to fly a kite or play games. Patrolled at the Birubi Beach end, Kiddies corner near the skateboard park. Great rock climbs for the kids.
Great Surfing Beaches
- One Mile Beach, a good surf beach of Port Stephens, best surfed with a SE/NE swell. Patrolled at the southern end. Good for kids most of the time.
- Birubi Beach, Great surf beach, best surfed with S-NE swell, Patrolled area available.
- Zenith Beach, best surfed with a NE swell. Not the safest beach for kids.
- Box Beach, best surfed with E/NE swell. Again not to good for little kids.
- Fingal Beach, Good surf most of the time, best surfed with S-E/SE swell. Patrolled surf beach good for kids most of the time at the southern end (Kiddies Corner)
- Samurai Beach, GREAT SURF, 4 Wheel Drive access, best surfed with a S-NE swell. Can be a bit rough for kids.
Beaches around the Tomaree Headland include:
- Stockton Beach
- One Mile Beach
- Samurai Beach
- Fingal Beach
- Box Beach
- Wreck Beach
- Zenith Beach
- Shoal Beach
- Little Nelson Beach
- Nelson Beach
- Bagnalls Beach
- Wanda Beach